Wednesday 9 July 2014

Birchbox June 2014

Happy July! I wanted to get these up sooner but I've been away! I was in london for a week & more recently I came to visit family for my sisters 18th birthday! I figured I should get this up before the July box arrives on my doorstep! (My boxes actually get delivered to work because I'm never home & the neighbours hate up!) Now on with the review!


This month Birchbox had a kinda world cup theme, with products from different countries, which I think was a good idea! We play with our Birchbox goodies while the boys are watching the football! (My partner loves football & has had to watch every. single. match!)

The Birchbox comes in its usual brown kraft cardboard looking box, nothing special there!


OPI Nail Lacquer - The Brazil Collection £11.95
I'm not a nail varnish fan! I like that it was a good quality nail varnish & this does live up to opi's usual standards! It's from there new Brazil collection. This a funny purple & green iridescent colour! It was apparently inspired by the tropical rainforests of Brazil.


Yves Rocher Sheer Botanical Lipstick £9.90
This is a new product from Yves Rocher & is a Sheer Botanica Lipstick & Birchbox described it as "A sheer, glossy lipstick infused with moisturising cherry oil to leave lips lusciously soft." The cherry oil makes this smell delicious! I just want to eat it! It does leave lips glossy & moisturised but the problem I have with this, is that there is no colour payoff! I kinda feel like this should be marketed as a lip balm, because if I bought this as a lipstick I'd be very disappointed!


Silk + Honey Shea Butter Hair Mask £55 full DIY set
I haven't tried this yet, I've not yet found a hair mask that does something to my hair! Plus I'm worried that if this does do something I'm gonna have to shell out £55 in order to get it! It's meant to nourish, protect & soften hair. I'll keep you posted as to if I try it & whether I like it!


Naobay Body Radiance Lotion £14
The is an organic body lotion with shea butter, olive & avocado oils to soften skin, it has a lemon scent which I love! I would describe it as a thick milk? You know what I mean? I do like this body lotion but I'm not sure I'd pay £14!


Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre from £12.99
This is a cult French favourite! Its a moisturiser that soothes skin & has all natural ingredients. You can use it has a moisturiser, as a hydrating mask or apply to burns & irritations to sooth. I find it really similar to Elizabeth Ardens 8 hour cream!





And finally, I got a Birchbox flip-flop key ring as an extra. I kinda wish they had used the money it cost to make these on something else! Not needed or wanted in my opinion!

Let me know what you got in your June Birchbox (or July if you've received that already! I love spoilers!) & I'll speak to you all soon!

Louise X




No comments :

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test