Saturday 27 June 2015

What I've been reading this month



The Girl on the Train By Paula Hawkins

This was a little bit of a slow starter, but once I got into it I couldn't put it down! It kept me guessing all the way through & I liked how it was told from different views & different times to keep you confused & guessing! Don't think I'd read it again because I now know who did it!

Wild By Cheryl Strayed

I started reading this a couple of months ago, but it got a little heavy & my mum wanted to read it. So I took a bit of a break while my mum read it & finished it recently. This has become the book I will reach for when I don't know what to read. It's a raw, powerful & passionate true story that evoked a lot of emotions within me. Especially as I'm also very close with my mother. It scares me a little if this is how I'll react when she dies. Read it & love! (Plus it's 100% better than the film & I really wanted to like film because I love reese Witherspoon & the lead singer of my favourite band has a cameo role.)

The Duff By Kody Keplinger 

I read this after watching the film & again thought the book was better than the film (they nearly always are!) I loved the message of this book & found it to be a nice easy read. Which is sometimes what you need from a book, something that isn't to taxing on your brain. Will probably read again & might enjoying it more a 2nd time round!

Saint Anything By Sarah Dessen

I've been reading Sarah Dessen books for over 10 years. There's something so comforting about reading a book by an author you know is good at what they do! Sarah is incredible at what she does. She creates a world I never want to leave, even though I'm no longer in high school. The characters will remind you of someone you know & feel like family. For as long as Sarah is writing, I'll be reading her books! This is one of my favourites of hers!

The Princess Diaries 9 & 10 By Meg Cabot

Again an author I've been reading for over 10 years & will continue to re-read for at least another 10 years! I decided to re-read these because a new book to the series is being released in July & wanted these to be fresh in my mind! Of the whole series 9 & 10 are my favourite. I read them again & again!

What are your favourite books? What have you been reading recently?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test