Thursday 22 October 2015

Small Boots Haul

The other week I received my Christmas boots points booster vouchers & decided to treat myself!

I'll be doing full reviews of individual items as & when I've used them properly but thought I'd give you a sneek peek of my naughty pre-Christmas spending!



The benefit "real cheeky" gift set


In this set you get dandelion-a ballet pink shade, rockateur-a dusty rose with gold shimmer, sugarbomb-this has 4 shades that when I swatched looked like a highlighter, hoola-a great matt bronzer, coralista-a shimmery coral, watts up-a cream golden highlighter & minitures of their famous they're real mascara & push up liner. 

From the swatches I'm rather disappointed because you don't get as much colour payoff as I was expecting! I'm gonna wait till I've tried them properly before passing too much judgement though!


Smashbox shape matters palette


I've recently got into contouring my face (I know! Only about a year behind the times! But I alway thought I'd look stupid & it wouldn't be for me!) & thought this would be good starter kit!


Inside you get: 

a huge mirror! I used this mirror at work yesterday to curl my hair & do my makeup! For the mirror alone I'm gonna take it away with me from now on!

3 brow products, 2 powders & wax, the powders look too light for my brows but I'll give them a go!

9 eyeshades - I haven't even swatched these yet but I love smashbox eye shadows so am expecting good things.

A matte contour shade, a matte highlight & a shimmery bronzer & highlighter!



Kate moss for Rimmel lipstick in 107



While doing my makeup at the beginning of the month, I realised I own very few berry shades of lipstick & decided to rectify this & get into the autumn/winter spirit! 


Also not owning any rimmel lipsticks seemed sacreligious for a beauty blogger! I haven't tried it yet but it does smell oddly of cucumber?

Batiste dry shampoo in fresh


Dry shampoo is probably a staple in most women's homes & im no exception! I always have a can in the house! This seems ok, kinda powdery compared to others I've used & doesn't really have a scent!

Imperial leather sherbet lemon shower cream


Having the surname Lemmon has made me obsessed with lemon scented, flavoured & printed things! & as soon as I saw this I knew I had to try it!

It's very much a novelty item, the smell doesn't last out of the bath or shower but it is really creamy on the skin & smells great at the time!

Rimmel wake me up mascara in extreme black


I've been umming & arring about this since it came out. On the one hand I loved the idea & using this on days when I'm tired & just want a slick of mascara, on the other hand, don't I already have 100 mascaras that could do the exact same thing? 

But this time I bited the bullet! I haven't used it yet but I've noticed this also smells like cucumber? Do all rimmel products smell of cucumber?

Maybelline lasting drama gel 24 eyeliner pencil in sapphire strength


This is a lovely jewel toned blue eyeliner, I bought it because I had an idea of blue winged liner but I couldn't find a blue liquid eyeliner at boots anywhere! This seemed like it might fit the bill! I'll let you know once I've tried it!


Revlon super lustrous lipstick in black cherry


This was another "I need more berry lipstick shades" purchase. Darker than the rimmel, I am a little worried it may wash me out? But we will see!

Revlon colorstay concealer in 01 fair


Expect a full review on this soon but so far I think it's amazing! 100xbetter than my nars creamy concealer! I think this will be my go to concealer from now on!

Revlon colorstay foundation for normal/dry skin in 209 nude


I've only used this once & was disappointed! With all the hype I was expecting great things! But for me the coverage was practically nothing, it clung to dry patched & only lasted about 3 hours! I will be trying it again with a different sponge & brush to see if that makes a difference!


Swatches: L-R rimmel Kate moss in 107, maybelline blue eyeliner, revlon lipstick in black cherry, revlon colorstay concealer & revlon colorstay foundation. 

Have you tried any of these? Do you rate any of these items?

Louise X






No comments :

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test